1. Body awareness – gnosis regarding the fluidity of the material, knowledge of what we can and can’t change, transcendence of the time trap (physically)
2. Feelings of souldeep pain and sadness for the suffering of all creation, but especially for suffering caused by human failing. Sometimes overwhelming.
3. Episodes of inexplicable bliss despite acute awareness of personal and universal suffering. GRATITUDE.
4. Stability, meaningful work, acceptance, utilization.
5. Deep and easy relationships with people and ability to walk away from outmoded ones (and the wisdom to tell the difference). Detachment as required.
6. Comfortable, refreshing and regular sleep.
7. Fewer scattered dreams and far more “big” or lucid dream episodes. recall, and by now, the skill to understand them.
8. Grounded-ness, physical mastery, in increasing levels according to practise; but, you would not have gotten this far without a lot of work, so likely you know how to use rest, exercise, breath and food to adjust your vehicle by now.
9. Decreased “self talk.” You’ll find yourself talking to your Self more often. You’ll suddenly realize you’ve been chattering away with yourself for the past 30 minutes. There is a new level of communication taking place within your being, and you’re experiencing the tip of the iceberg with the self talk. The conversations will increase, and they will become more fluid, more coherent and more insightful. You’re not going crazy, you’re just moving into the new energy.
10. Feelings of connectedness at the same time, you are detached. No loneliness. Increased need for solitude but not to rest and escape, but rather, to WORK.
loneliness, even when in the company of others. You may feel alone and removed from others. You may feel the desire to “flee” groups and crowds. As Shaumbra, you are walking a sacred and lonely path. As much as the feelings of loneliness cause you anxiety, it is difficult to relate to others at this time. The feelings of loneliness are also associated with the fact that your Guides have departed. They have been with you on all of your journeys in all of your lifetimes. It was time for them to back away so you could fill your space with your own divinity. This too shall pass. The void within will be filled with the love and energy of your own Christ/Buddha/Gaia consciousness.
11. Intensified passion – but with equanimity, not the scattered pattern of the neophyte. Focused, committed, action directed by love. Now that you know what “love” really is.
12. A deep longing to stay here and help. And the strength, wisdom, courage and love to endure it as long as it takes.
One thought on “Twelve Characteristics of Spiritual Maturity”
Thanks for this. You have a new reader.