My name is Cat Lane, I am an herbalist working with both humans and other animals – primarily cats and dogs, but with a great interest in how plants can help creatures of every description. I see clients both in person and online, and teach two online courses right now, one geared to animal herbalism and the other for those who wish to use herbs with people. I also hold classes and “weed walks” in and around the Rupert area of West Quebec. In my spare time, I grow some medicinal herbs, and love making my own plant medicines – for my own use, as well as the animal family, my friends and of course, clients. 🙂
My formal studies in herbalism include:
– Susun Weed’s ABCs of Herbalism
– Introduction to Herbs ( certificate course from the Australasian College of Natural Therapies)
– Chartered Herbalist distance programme from Dominion College (600 hours)
– Distance programme (thesis on canine cancer) also from Dominion; still in progress
– Distance studies (Actions and Formulations) with the North American Institute for Medical Herbalism; plans to complete all distance courses at NAIMH
– Associate Member of the CIVT (College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies)
– short courses with Sean Donahue ( Herbal Nervines) Kiva Rose (Energetics) Lisa Ganora (Understanding Plant Constituents) and Patrick Fratellone (Cardiology and Herbs). I am a dedicated lifelong learner with interest in all aspects of plant medicine and healing.
I’m a Student Member of the American Herbalist Guild and a regular contributor to both Plant Healer Magazine and Herbmentor.com. In addition I have worked with animals (specifically dogs) since 2001 with both diet and herbal support, and teach three courses related to canines: the popular Basics of Canine Nutrition, and a second course on Dietary Formulation, and now the very lively and exciting Practical Herbalism for Common Canine Conditions. . More information on all of these here: http://www.thepossiblecanine.com/
Other things I have done
– 3 year diploma from CASI (the Companion Animal Science Institute) focused on canine nutrition
– 5 of 6 Tellington Touch trainings, I stopped just shy of practitioner status, but this beautiful technique/philosophy has informed all my work with animals
– Canine Anatomy and Physiology through E-training, complete October 2015
-Applied Clinical Nutrition Intensive with Thomas Easley of the Eclectic School of Hedicine
– studies in Druidry with OBOD (Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids) my most recent spiritual focus, a beautiful nature-based path which is perfectly resonant with my herbal work
-studies in Avalonian Magic through the Avalon Mystery School, under Mara Freeman
I love beauty in all its forms, including the pretty, the bleak, the gentle and the dark.
I believe that healing animals heals us, and the earth. It is all connected. It is all One Circle of Being.
I also love music of all kinds, anything faerie; coffee, beer, dancing, learning and studying, all animals — and above all, above everything else on earth, my Rhodesian Ridgeback Daniel.
Everything I do is in memory of my brother, John Robert, whose loss is both the great wound and informing power of my life. He walks with me always.
2 thoughts on “About”
How do I contact you for a consult. I have a cat with stomatitis who is not doing well.
Hello Cat! I am interested in talking to you about your herbal studies program. If you are able to reach out to me via email that would be wonderful. Thank you in advance for any and all help.